Friday 20 January 2006

January 20, 2006 Chautauqua

 
From the Editor's Computer  
 
  Time flies when you’re having fun!

   That saying is certainly true because I can’t believe how fast time has flown by...it has been four years since I took over entertaining you twice a month with a little newspaper called The Chautauqua.

   During the past four years I’ve managed to put out a paper, when I’m supposed to, despite numerous challenges, including technological malfunctions, crazy schedules, and other major and minor headaches and glitches along the way.

   As well, during the past four years, the newspaper has undergone a few changes - layout, number of pages, readership, area covered.  The most recent change being this month with the change in layout.

   I’ve had the opportunity to share with you the many and varied achievements and accomplishments of both individuals and communities.  We’ve rejoiced and celebrated together lots of good times. 

    We’ve also shared in the sorrow of local tragedies and loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Hawksworth family on their recent loss and Atkinson family.

   Nothing stays the same.  Seasons come and go.  Life goes on.  We have a choice to continue to grow and improve ourselves, or stagnate. 

  As I enter this new year of providing the residents of the various communities I serve, I look forward to sharing more of the changes and challenges ahead - both good and bad - with you all.  Sorrow shared is halved, and joy shared is doubled.

 Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EyNbPUmxqSxvR5I1xtiF300pZzyF-8oX/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.