Friday 15 June 2007

June 15, 2007 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer

Ever try and find something only to discover it was right in front of you the whole time? Or have you ever tried to look for someone to help you with a particular task and just as you are about to give up you find out that the person next you has all the necessary skills?

That’s a bit about how I felt a couple of weeks ago. My poor windshield has sported three lovely chips for a handful of months now. I wanted to get them fixed but could not see the point of driving all the way to Red Deer to get the job done. Besides, what if I ended up with another chip after fixing three? I had basically gave up on getting them fixed right away.

On Tuesday out of the blue I discovered that I could get my windshield fixed right in Alix! A chance comment from someone in the library solved my problem in a flash. Not only did I not have to drive to Red Deer...I only had to go across the street! Before I left town that day I had a freshly repaired windshield and bright, clear view of the world outside my car.

Many times we make our lives much more difficult than they need to be. The answers really can be found closer to home than we realize. Pay attention to the conversations around you and you may just discover the solution to something that has been plaguing you for a long time.

Ask around, the answers that you need or the assistance you require may be right beside you.

Happy Father’s Day to the Fathers!

Beth


Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CfhjrufY_xTNsdsiZhf8FTNjIVCnfuOT/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.