Friday 3 August 2007

August 3, 2007 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer

Ah, those lazy days of summer. Have you experienced them yet? Are you planning on any laziness this summer?


For me, summer is a time to laze around reading. Okay, I admit, I easily do that year-round, however, in the summer I really get into the lazy mode as some days are just too hot to do anything else.

While the stack of to-be-read books beside my bed doesn’t seem to be diminishing noticeably (I suppose it would help if I didn't keep adding to it every week), I have managed to work my way through a few books this summer.

Some of the more interesting books I read in the past month include (this is not a complete list):
  • “The Not So Big Life” by Sarah Susanka - she gives an architect’s perspective to creating a balanced, harmonious life.
  • “The Law of Attraction” by Jerry and Esther Hicks - a spin-off of “The Secret” processes - Gratitude is the real secret.
  • “The 100 Mile Diet” by Alisa Smith and J. B. MacKinnon - chronicles the year-long adventures of two Canadians and their quest to eat more local fare.
  • “The Forgotten Monarchy of Scotland: the True Story of the Royal House of Stewart and the Hidden Lineage of the Kings and Queens of Scots” by HRH Prince Michael of Albany - a 400+ history and call for Scots independence from Britain.

Now, I must take a break from my work to read a few more pages of “Pause: putting the breaks on a runaway life” by K. Gibson!

Beth 

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.