Friday 18 May 2012

May 18, 2012 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer


     Last year I had many opportunities, on paper-delivery trips, to take an unintended detour. The reasons for the detours included flooded/washed out roads, road construction, or equipment moving convoys. 

   While I had little choice and had to depart from the road I wanted, and thought I needed to take, I still was headed in the direction of my desired destination.

   As a bonus, I was able to see some different scenery, yet still ended up exactly where I wanted to be, without fail.

   In our lives, we are constantly making decisions and choices, big and small, that we hope will take our life in the directions where we want to go. 

   Sometimes we are faced with circumstances that force us to take a detour and head a different direction.  What we need to remember is that it is only a detour and it will still take our lives where we want to go if we allow the detour to take us back to our general route.

   The problem arises when we become so attached to the detour that we take a wrong turn and lose sight of where we were headed, becoming lost. 

   At that point, the only one way to get back on the right road is to turn around.  We need to find out where we may the wrong turn and find our way back to our intended route.

   There are many routes we can take to arrive at the life we want to live.  A detour is a chance to enjoy some different scenery on our journey.  It is not a life derailment, unless we chose to let it be.  

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9t5Y1C3sNoK84u0y3z--TW8ZdKVI2U8/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.