Friday 1 February 2013

February 1, 2013 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer

   As I type this, I am not a happy person.  In fact, I’ve spent most of the past two days crying and screaming.  A friend reminded me to breathe and I told her one has to breathe in order to scream!

   For approximately the previous six months, my computer has developed a very uncooperative attitude.  When I get within a handful of hours (and the paper’s deadline is looming fast) of completing the paper to send it in to the print, my computer throws a temper tantrum and refuses to work properly. 

   Up to that mysterious point, I am able to work on the paper without any trouble at all.

   Yet, once the tantrum begins, things go south fast.  I’m able to open and work in any Word document I want, except if it is a submission for the paper.  I can open and reply to any email, except if it is a submission for the paper.  Photos, the same thing.  And, the paper file itself, very contrary.  So a couple hour task becomes a major effort, till it decides that it wants to work properly again.

   Needless to say, that does not help  my stress levels! 

   This time, instead of routinely saving the file, my computer rendered it inaccessible.  I had to totally recreate the paper from scratch,  and still I was faced with a tantrum at the same spot! (If something is missing, I apologize).

   I have no idea if anyone is even going to be able to read these words, so if you are reading this...it’s a miracle!

Beth
 
Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dDDX8GBx3BZLU-iP-pE6hsX0twpDdaae/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.