Friday 4 October 2013

October 4, 2013 Chautauqua

 
From the Editor's Computer

   If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.  ~Meister Eckhart   

   Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we all have so much for which we can be thankful - big things and little things.

   But too often, life crowds in and we forget that we should be grateful.  That is, we forget until Thanksgiving rolls around in October. 

   We should be thankful ALL the time.  Not just one day, or weekend, in the year.

   No matter what the circumstances in your life currently are, there is always at least one thing you can find to be thankful for.  And once you find one, you can find another, and another, and another.

   Some things that I am thankful for include (however, this is by no means a complete list):

  • I’m alive!
  • my health is improving
  • I have multiple options in many areas of my life and live in a country/province/municipality that allows me to explore those options
  • time to rest and heal
  • friends and family who care about me
  • the lovely weather
  • I have a roof over my head
  • I have food to eat
  • I can try new recipes
  • playing with my niece
  • I am still able to put The Chautauqua together and share it with all of you
  • visiting with friends
  • the blessings that I am showered with daily

   As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
 
Beth
 
Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/160x2b3t1OqBDl4Q07NMhZ1BQpBbxJIk2/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.