Friday 3 January 2014

January 3, 2014 Chautauqua

 
From the Editor's Computer


   Ever notice how much easier it is to give others advice? 

   The cliché “what you resist persists” must have been coined just for me as it is more true than I ever want to admit.

   I want my body to heal in MY way, on MY timetable, at MY convenience.  Ha!  My body and life don’t seem to realize their role in this whole journey, or they do and are completely ignoring me.

   Thus, I have finally realized that I can’t make my body heal through the sheer force of my incredible will.  In fact, the more will power I exert, the longer everything takes.

   So, I’m giving in…I surrender. 

   Please note: that does NOT mean that I’m giving up!  It means I will not fight what is happening any more.

   When I have a setback, I will weather through it.  I will no longer try to fight my way out, or stress myself trying to figure what triggered it. 

   My body is obviously healing in its own way, on its own timetable.  My life is changing in its own way, on its own timetable.  All I can do is step out of the way and allow things to happen as they happen.

   I will now take each moment as it comes.  Or at least do my best.  I know I’ll probably forget more times than I’ll care to admit as habits are hard to break, and this is a lot easier to say than it is to practice.

   But maybe, just maybe, easing the pressure on myself to heal the way I think I should, will bring about the healing I want to experience.  It’s worth a shot, since MY way hasn’t been too effective so far.

   On Christmas Eve I noticed the clouds looked just like a pair of outstretched angel wings which filled the entire eastern sky for a moment.

    This new year I invite you to stretch your own personal wings.  You don’t even have to do anything wild or outrageous.  Just stop adding unnecessary baggage to who you already are. (Eckhart Tolle)

   You may find it the most risky thing you’ve ever done in your life...to just be yourself exactly as you are.  Not as you think you should be, or someone else thinks you should be, or even how you want to be.  Accept that you are the way you are right now, and enjoy the new year!

Beth  
 
Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/153sKNH8SjbLaWDsaahXaZ3VD5B6cfdGD/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.