Friday 16 August 2002

August 16, 2002 Chautauqua



From the Editor's Computer

   Ahhhhhh….those lazy days of summer…

   Vacations are wonderful!  I am currently enjoying a wonderful holiday at the perfect spot – a luxury cabin (the owner’s description!) by a lake.  I am enjoying the ‘break’ from routine – with my final exam but a distant memory, and the anticipation of my next course still in the future – I have had the opportunity to do something different. 

   For instance, I have gone for lakeside walks, caught up on some reading, sorted some personal files, and visited with various friends.

   I attended the Beach Days events, and I plan to watch the Pony Chucks & Chariots this weekend.  I attended Meibion Llywarch, a men’s choir from Wales, at Ponoka last weekend, as well as the Cowboy Sunday activities in Mirror.

  When I feel real ambitious, I just sit and watch the sun set over the lake in the evening.  Yes, I really am taking a break, even though I am still going to work each week, and I’m thoroughly loving every moment! 

   Too often, I put something aside ‘to do someday.’  Of course, how many days and weeks and months pass before someday arrives?  Well, I had planned to use this month to catch up on all my ‘someday’ projects, but it seems like something else has come up, or I have attended a fun event instead.   It has been said that life is what happens while we make other plans.  I know that I will still get a chance to tackle a few of those ‘someday’ projects before the end of the month, but even if I don’t, I will not let it interfere with my holiday.

   For the rest of the summer, try to take a moment and just enjoy the sun (when it shines) and the green grass and the lovely flowers.  Take a moment to look at the sky and identify shapes in the clouds overhead.  Or, just sit and let the peaceful laziness of the day flow over you.  Pause and watch the sun set.  Let this summer time be an opportunity to slow down and recharge your batteries.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ruvMtUYE0drY5GBBS66z0idoBBTYOHoP/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.