Friday 21 April 2006

April 21, 2006 Chautauqua

From the Editor's Computer  

   Have you had things going along very smoothly?  Don't think about it too hard, even smoothness for a mere 15 minutes will qualify.  Then, just as you are getting into the groove, something comes up to throw a curve at you.

    I have had a couple of those types of situations lately.  Plans are in place, life is chugging along smoothly and then I get a phone call, a visit, or an email that what was working perfectly fine has to change.  The change isn't always necessary, but it is out of my hands.

    So I am faced with doing a 180 turn, or completely changing what was working quite perfectly prior to the notice.  I sit down and come up with new plans.  If "A" happens I can do this or this.  On the other hand, if "B" happens then I will have to that or that.

    I get my options figured out and my best case/worst case scenarios in place, and then I find out that there really will be no change.  Say what??

   I think that Life sometimes throws those curves at us just to see how serious we truly are about completing a goal, following a certain path or committing to a decision.  When we show that we are determined to continue no matter how high the mountains we are facing or outrageous the demands on us, then we have somehow proven that we are worthy of the goal, commitment, or life path.

   When it seems like your life is turning 180 on you, don't flip out, just remember you're faith in yourself is being tested.

Beth


Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYtZmj7QNpWDG6QNjVhWQG0NhmRqiG2M/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.