Friday 20 August 2010

August 20, 2010 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer

Sometimes you can find the most interesting treasures in your own backyard, or pretty close to your backyard.

The other day, my mom and I did a little exploring around Alix. I’d never been out to the Alix Cemetery, and have on occasion been asked directions to it, so I figured I had better find it so I could send folks in the right direction.

It is amazing how much the land can change just a short distance out of Alix. There are the hay flats, hills, bush, and of course lakes.

We found the cemetery easily enough, and thought we’d enjoy a peaceful stroll around the headstones. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes decided we were a real delicacy so we retreated to the vehicle.

We followed the road and ended up at the southwest end of Haunted Lakes - a very beautiful spot and view of the lake. We didn’t have to travel far to enjoy such a visual treat, we just needed to venture off the beaten path.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kSgbshQRhWEOpOQjMcLFEGdfIS84kGnO/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.