Friday 7 September 2012

September 7, 2012 Chautauqua


From the Editor's Computer


     Life is a journey, and one aspect of the journey is the healing we do, on all levels.  While I have been reading about Native traditions and shamanism this past year, I never had an opportunity to experience any of it first hand, till last month.

   Out of the blue, I received a phone call from Sandra who was hosting a Healing Circle in the Alix area.  The shaman was Rosie, White Elk Medicine Woman, from BC.  I was asked to promote the event in the Chautauqua.  I hoped to attend, but it looked unlikely, till different factors in my life changed, or details fell into place, freeing up the weekend so I could participate.

   I had no idea what to expect the first day as I entered the wooded site for the Circle.

   Led by Rosie, a delightful woman, the group -  though we were all different and at different stages of our journeys - was exactly the right combination of people for the weekend to be the successful event it was.

   While it was obvious that some were hesitant to begin with, the energy of the drumming, as it echoed off the trees surrounding us, loosened the tension, and people started opening up - not only with Rosie and the others in the circle, but within themselves.  It was so delightful to see everyone relax and start smiling (some beaming and glowing) as tensions and burdens were breathed through and released.

   For those of us who did attended both days, the experience just got better and better as Rosie shared various insights from the “Ancestors” on the Other Side.

   I am very glad, and thankful, I was able to attend the Circle and share the experience with everyone else who attended - the others have shared their insights, which are found on Page A7. 

   Everything happens for a reason, exactly as it happens, and the Healing Circle proved that over and over.  I would gladly attend another.

   But it isn’t just what happened during those two days, it is what has followed, and is continuing to unfold as each new day dawns.  New/deeper friendships, new opportunities, new insights, and more. 

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F1qNkd1JxEf73Grnp28opZcs6Ih1qXte/view?usp=sharing

To contact The Chautauqua, email: thechautauqua@gmail.com.